Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Bruce King received a B.A. in psychology from UCLA in 1969 and a Ph.D. in biopsychology from the University of Chicago in 1978. He taught for 29 years at the University of New Orleans and is presently chair of the Department of Psychology at Clemson University. He has taught human sexuality to over 50,000 students. In addition to conducting research in the field of human sexuality, Dr. King has co-authored a textbook on statistics and has published over 75 papers on the biological basis of feeding behavior and obesity. He is a Fellow in the Association for Psychological Science, American Psychological Association, and the International Behavioral Neuroscience Society.
1. Why a Course in Human Sexuality?
2. Our Sexual and Reproductive Anatomy.
3. Hormones and Sexuality.
4. Similarities and Differences in Our Sexual Responses.
5. Sexually Transmitted Infections and Sexually Related Diseases.
6. Birth Control.
7. Pregnancy and Childbirth.
8. Becoming a Woman/Becoming a Man: Gender Identity and Gender Roles.
9. Sexual Orientation.
10. Life-Span Sexual Development.
11. Adult Sexual Behaviors and Attitudes.
12. Love and Relationships.
13. Sexual Problems and Therapy.
14. Paraphilias and Sexual Variants.
15. Sexual Victimization: Rape, Coercion, Harassment, and Abuse of Children.
16. Selling Sex: Social and Legal Issues.