More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Starting at $25.94
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 1st edition with a publication date of 3/1/2012.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
In the last decade, advances in the understanding of lipoprotein and lipid metabolism have developed enormously. This has resulted in a detailed knowledge of the mechanisms underlying the primary and secondary dyslipidaemias. Furthermore, the role of lipoproteins in atherogenesis isincreasingly understood at the cellular and molecular level. In this book, the scale of the problem of cardiovascular disease (CVD) is described together with the possibilities for prevention. The pathophysiology of lipid and lipoproteins provide a background to the understanding of the primary and secondary dyslipidaemias and the mechanism of action of thedifferent drug classes.A practical approach to therapy is provided including diet, lifestyle, and therapeutic approaches. Common clinical problems are addressed and the book looks to the future, principally in relation to new therapeutic targets. This book provides the basis for the translation of clinical trial scienceinto everyday clinical practice for the benefit of the individual patient.
John Betteridge is Professor of of Endrocrinology and Metabolism at University College, London UK.
Table of Contents
1. Epidemiology of cardiovascular disease: the scale of the problem, Professor Guy De Backer
2. Lipids, lipoproteins and atherogenesis, Joanna Gouni-Berthold and Wilhelm Krone
3. Risk estimation systems in clinical use: SCORE, HeartScore, Framingham, PROCAM, ASSIGN and QRISK, Catherine McGorrian, Tora Leong, Ralph D'Agostino, Marie-Therese Coney and Ian M. Graham
4. Primary dyslipidaemias, Anton F. H. Stalenhoef
5. Secondary dyslipidemias, Rafael Carmena and Jose T Real
6. Diet and lifestyle, Jonathan Morrell and Jacqueline Morrell
7. Pharmacological therapy: Statins, D. John Betteridge
8. Pharmacological therapy: Non-Statin Drugs, D. John Betteridge
9. Combination therapy for the management of hyperlipidaemia, Anthony S. Wierzbicki
10. Recent lipid-lowering trials in perspective: Implications for therapy, D. John Betteridge
11. Vascular imaging, Manish Kalla and Julian Halcox
12. Common problems in lipid management, John Reckless