Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Directed primarily toward business majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
With the globalization of the world economy, it is imperative for current and future managers to be sensitive to the differences they will encounter in intercultural communication. To help make readers aware of these differences, Intercultural Business Communication contains practical guidelines and information on how to conduct negotiations across countries, write business letters in different societies, and includes the general “dos” and “don’ts” in international business.
Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Intercultural Communication
2. Universal Systems
3. Contrasting Cultural Values
4. Cultural Shock
6. Oral and Nonverbal Communication Patterns
7. Written Communication Patterns
8. Global Etiquette
9. Business and Social Customs
10. Intercultural Negotiation Process
11. Intercultural Negotiation Components
12. Laws Affecting International Business and Travel
Appendix A: Glossary
Appendix B: Answers to Exercises