from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Discover all the incredible things your iPad can do!
So you have an iPad and you're excited to use it, but where do you begin? With this fun and friendly guide, of course! Veteran For Dummies author Nancy Muir walks you through using your iPad for e-mail, video, travel, navigation, reading, games, and more with this all-new update to the bestselling iPad For Seniors For Dummies. Written in the fun-but-straightforward For Dummies style, this helpful guide shares easy-to-follow tips and advice on the latest iPad hardware and operating system and introduces you to some of iPad’s most popular features like Siri, FaceTime, Safari, Maps, Reminders, and Photos to name a few.
- Covers the iPad Air, iPad with Retina Display, iPad 2, and earlier iPad models and is fully updated for iOS 7!
- Explains how to organize your calendar, update your contact list, set Reminders for appointments, create to-do lists, and browse the Internet
- Shows you how to download apps, buy and read e-books, play music, watch movies and TV shows, share photos and video, connect on Facebook, and keep in touch with FaceTime video calling
- Reassures you on the best ways to get help if you're stumped, set a password, protect the screen, and also shares other safety tips
- Features a larger font for text, plenty of images, and more callouts to make the book accessible and easy to read
No matter if you’re an iPad newbie or already a tablet technology fan, iPad For Seniors For Dummies, 6th Edition puts the power of iPad in the palm of your hand!
Nancy C. Muir is a columnist and consultant as well as the author of more than 100 books on business and technology, including all editions of iPhone For Seniors For Dummies. Nancy runs the TechSmartSenior website and writes for RetireNet.com.
Table of Contents
Part I: Making the iPad Yours 5
Chapter 1: Buying Your iPad 7
Chapter 2: Looking Over the Home Screen 27
Chapter 3: Getting Going 55
Chapter 4: Making Your iPad More Accessible 69
Part II: Taking the Leap Online 87
Chapter 5: Browsing the Internet with Safari 89
Chapter 6: Working with E-mail in Mail 113
Chapter 7: Getting Social with FaceTime, Twitter, and iMessage 131
Chapter 8: Shopping the iTunes Store 145
Chapter 9: Expanding Your iPad Horizons with Apps 159
Part III: Having Fun and Consuming Media 171
Chapter 10: Using Your iPad as an E-Reader 173
Chapter 11: Playing Music on the iPad 199
Chapter 12: Playing with Photos 213
Chapter 13: Getting the Most Out of Video Features 233
Chapter 14: Playing Games 243
Chapter 15: Finding Your Way with Maps 255
Part IV: Managing Your Life and Your iPad 273
Chapter 16: Keeping On Schedule with Calendar and Clock 275
Chapter 17: Working with Reminders and Notifications 295
Chapter 18: Managing Contacts 311
Chapter 19: Talking to Your iPad with Siri 331
Chapter 20: Making Notes 345
Chapter 21: Troubleshooting and Maintaining Your iPad 359