Authored by a professional writer and writing coach, this book uses a proven method and set of techniques that unlock creativity and teach students to fully articulate their thoughts and tackle any written task.
Quizzes, exercises and checklists allow students to assess their current writing behaviour and track their improvement. Students are first introduced to general skills and techniques before learning how to apply these skills to the most common types of writing they are likely to face.
This unique book covers topics including:
- Developing a positive attitude to writing
- Using objects to kick-start creativity
- Generating ideas and turning them into arguments
- Applying your new knowledge to essays, dissertations, reports and articles
- Writing your way to your dream job
Vanessa Heaslip, Senior Lecturer in Adult Nursing, Bournemouth University, UK
"This is a well-designed book to support undergraduates through their university journey. It is user-friendly with its clear, easy to follow structure. This book is a great support mechanism to help undergraduates to achieve. I highly recommend this text - it is an essential resource for undergraduates!"
Emma Jackson, University of Worcester, UK