Every fall, high-achieving eighth- and ninth-grade students take the New York City Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT). Aiming for a top score to stand out from the increasingly competitive applicant pool and get a premium education at a public school, students have a 1-in-10 chance of securing admission into a specialized high school such as Stuyvesant High School; Bronx High School of Science; Brooklyn Technical High School; Brooklyn Latin School; High School for Math, Science, and Engineering at City College; High School of American Studies at Lehman College; Queens High School for the Sciences at York College, or Staten Island Technical High School.
Competition for admission gets increasingly tougher each year, but with Kaplan New York City Specialized High Schools Admissions Test, now in its seventh edition, students can get all of the materials they need to prepare for test day.
In Kaplan’s New York City Specialized High Schools Admissions Test, students can take advantage of:
- Two full-length practice tests and the most up-to-date information about the test
- Vital practice questions in each chapter that cover all tested material
- Proven score-raising strategies with emphasis on improving math and verbal skills
- A section dedicated to the 100 most important math concepts covered on the exam
- Detailed answer explanations for each question, and useful additional practice available online
Kaplan New York City Specialized High Schools Admissions Test provides students with everything they need to improve their scores—guaranteed. Kaplan’s Higher Score guarantee provides security that no other test preparation guide on the market can match. Kaplan has helped more than three million students to prepare for standardized tests. We know that our test-taking techniques and strategies work and our materials are completely up-to-date. Kaplan New York City Specialized High Schools Admissions Test is the must-have preparation tool for every student looking to score higher!