Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping.
Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $143.80
The best-selling textbook in the field, The Last Dance offers an interdisciplinary introduction to death, dying, and bereavement. Integrating the experiential and the scholarly, as well as the emotional and intellectual dimensions of death and dying, the seventh edition has been thoroughly revised to provide the most cutting-edge coverage of death studies.
Table of Contents
Prologue, by David Gordon
1. Attitudes Toward Death: A Cimate of Change
2. Learning About Death: The Influence of Sociocultural Forces
3. Perspectives on Death: Cross-Cultural and Historical
4. Health Care Systems: Patients, Staff, and Institutions
5. Death Systems: Matters of Public Policy
6. Facing Death: Living with Life-Threatening Illness
7. End-of-Life Issues and Decisions
8. Survivors: Understanding the Experience of Loss
9. Last Rites: Funerals and Body Disposition
10. Death in the Lives of Children and Adolescents