Master the Newest Blender Techniques for Creating Amazing 3D Characters: From Design and Modeling to Video Compositing
Now fully updated for the latest version of Blender, Learning Blender, Second Edition, walks you through every step of creating an outstanding 3D animated character with Blender, and then compositing it in a real video using professional workflow. This new edition covers the powerful new selection and modeling tools, as well as high-efficiency improvements related to painting, texturing, shading, rendering, and performance.
Still the only Blender tutorial to take you from preproduction to final result, this guide is perfect for both novices and those moving from other software to open-source Blender. Author Oliver Villar provides full-color, hands-on chapters that cover every aspect of character creation: design, modeling, unwrapping, texturing, shading, rigging, and animation. He walks you through integrating your animated character into video, using professional camera tracking, lighting, and compositing techniques.
The rich companion website (blendtuts.com/learningblender-files) will help you quickly master even the most complex techniques. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to create outstanding characters for all media–and you’ll have up-to-date skills for any 3D project, whether it involves characters or not.
- Apply Blender’s updated user interface, navigation, and selection techniques
- Create your first scene with Blender and the Blender Render and Cycles render engines
- Organize an efficient, step-by-step pipeline to streamline workflow in any project
- Imagine a character’s personality and appearance, and use 3D modeling tools to create it
- Master texture painting workflows: before and after unwrapping
- Bring your character to life with materials and shading
- Create your character’s skeleton and make it walk
- Start animating characters with keyframes and Blender’s animation editors
- Use Camera Tracking to mix 3D objects into a real-world video
- Transform a raw rendered scene with retouched colors, effects, and mixes
- Get started with particles, hair simulations, and other advanced features