Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Dominik Zaum, Reader in International Relations, University of Reading
Dominik Zaum is Reader in International Relations at the University of Reading, and a Senior Research Fellow in Conflict and Fragility at the UK's Department for International Development (DFID). His research focuses on the politics of international organisations, especially the UN, and on the political economy of international peace- and statebuilding efforts. His publications include The Sovereignty Paradox: The Norms and Politics of International Statebuilding (OUP, 2007), The United Nations Security Council and War: The Evolution of Thought and Practice Since 1945 (OUP, 2008), and Political Economy of Statebuilding: Power after Peace (Routledge, 2012).
Table of Contents
Part I: Conceptual Questions
1. International Organisations, Legitimacy, and Legitimation, Dominik Zaum
2. Legitimacy and International Organisation: The Changing Ethical Context, Mervyn Frost
3. Regional and Global Legitimacy Dynamics: The United Nations and Regional Arrangements, Paul Williams
Part II: Case Studies
4. Legitimation and the UN Security Council, Jennifer Welsh and Dominik Zaum
5. ECOWAS and the Legitimacy Question: A Normative and Institutional Approach, Alhaji Sarjoh Bah
6. The African Union, Walter Lotze
7. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations: Between Internal and External Legitimacy, Alice Ba
8. The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, Jochen Prantl
9. A European Re-invention of Indirect Legitimacy?, Christopher Lord
10. Legitimacy and International Organisations: the Case of the OSCE, Ingo Peters
11. Conclusion, Dominik Zaum