Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Carl Gabbard is Professor and Director of Motor Development Studies at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, and a Fellow of The American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education. He teaches both graduate and undergraduate courses in motor development. He has published numerous articles related to motor development and physical activity for infants and children. Gabbard has co-authored and reviewed several major curricular documents for National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) and the American Heart Association (AHA).
In addition to being honored as the Southern District AAHPERD Scholar in 2003, Gabbard has received the Karpovich Lecturer recognition from Springfield College and the Margie R. Hanson Distinguished Service Award from AAHPERD. Gabbard is a former president of the NASPE (membership of 18,000) and served as Chair of the Motor Development section for the North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity. He continues to be a contributing member of the Motor Development Academy.
Table of Contents
I. AN OVERVIEW OF LIFELONG HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
1. Introduction to the Developmental Perspective
II. BIOLOGICAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
2. Heredity and Neurological Changes
3. Physical Growth Changes
4. Physiological Changes
5. Factors Affecting Growth and Development
III. PERCEPTION AND INFORMATION PROCESSING
6. Perceptual Development
7. Information Processing and Motor Control
IV. MOTOR BEHAVIOR ACROSS THE LIFE SPAN
8. Early Movement Behavior
9. Motor Behavior During Early Childhood
10. Motor Behavior During Later Childhood and Adolescence
11. Motor Behavior in the Adult Years
V. ASSESSING CHANGE
VI. SOCIOCULTURAL INFLUENCES ON MOTOR DEVELOPMENT
13. Sociocultural Influences on Motor Development