Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
For courses in Pain Control, Local Anesthesia in Dentistry, and Nitrous Oxide Sedation (minimal sedation) in Dentistry.
Local Anesthesia for Dental Professionals, 2/e provides a user-friendly, primary resource for instructors and students of pain control. This text is appropriate for both dental and dental hygiene students and provides step-by-step instructions that are also useful to practicing clinicians seeking to improve their skills or learn new injection techniques. In addition to the superb illustrations, step-by-step approach, and easy-to-understand language established in the first edition, the new second edition includes both local anesthesia and nitrous oxide-oxygen sedation. Extensive online resources and a companion technique DVD augment this text, providing a comprehensive resource for students and dental professionals.
Teaching and Learning Experience
Local Anesthesia for Dental Professionals, 2/e provides unparalleled coverage in a straightforward, user-friendly format. It provides:
- Comprehensive yet accessible content: The text is an all-in-one resource in local anesthesia for dental and dental hygiene students and professionals.
- Real-world learning: Chapters present practical expertise, case studies, and resources that will be referenced again and again.
- Extensive teaching and learning resources: Numerous text features and supplemental materials facilitate both teaching and learning.
Table of Contents
Section I - Pain Control Concepts
Chapter 1 - Perspectives on Local Anesthesia for Dental Professionals
Chapter 2 - Fundamentals of Pain Management
Chapter 3 - The Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology of Pain Control
Section II - Pharmacology of Local Anesthetic Pain Control
Chapter 4 - Pharmacology Basics
Chapter 5 - Dental Local Anesthetic Drugs
Chapter 6 - Vasoconstrictors in Dentistry
Chapter 7 - Dose Calculations for Local Anesthetic Solutions
Chapter 8 - Topical Anesthetics
Section III - Injection Fundamentals
Chapter 9 - Local Anesthetic Delivery Devices
Chapter 10 - Patient Assessment for Local Anesthesia
Chapter 11 - Fundamentals for Administration of Local Anesthetic Agents
Section IV - Clinical Administration of Local Anesthesia
Chapter 12 - Injections for Maxillary Pain Control I
Chapter 13 - Injections for Maxillary Pain Control II – Palatal Approach
Chapter 14 - Injections for Mandibular Pain Control
Chapter 15 - Supplemental Techniques and Adjunctive Strategies
Chapter 16 - Troubleshooting Inadequate Anesthesia
Chapter 17 - Local Anesthesia Complications and Management
Section V - Special Considerations for Local Anesthesia
Chapter 18 - Insights for Fearful Patients
Chapter 19 - Insights from Pediatric Dentistry
Chapter 20 - Insights from Specialties: Oral Surgery, Periodontics, Endodontics
Section VI - Nitrous Oxide-Oxygen Sedation
Chapter 21 - Fundamentals for the Administration of Nitrous Oxide-Oxygen Sedation
Appendix I - Anatomical Review