More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 4/19/2013.
What is included with this book?
K.P. Kannan, Former Director and Professor of Development Economics, Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala,Jan Breman, Professor Emeritus and Fellow, Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
K.P. Kannan is Former Director and Professor of Development Economics, Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Jan Breman is Professor Emeritus and Fellow, Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Unto the Last? (Jan Breman and K.P. Kannan)
PART I: OVERVIEW PAPERS
1. Historic Initiative, Limited by Design and Implementation: A National Overview of the Implementation of NREGA (K.P. Kannan and Varinder Jain)
2. National Health Insurance for the Poor: A Review of the Implementation of RSBY (K.P. Kannan and Varinder Jain)
PART II: ANDHRA PRADESH
3. Functioning of NREGS in Andhra Pradesh (D. Narasimha Reddy)
4. The Business of Health Care and the Challenge of Health Security: The Case of Arogyasri Health Insurance Scheme in Andhra Pradesh (G. Vijay)
PART III: KERALA
5. Functioning of Contingent Social Security Schemes in Kerala: The Social and Institutional Context of Delivery at the Local Level (T.P. Kunhikannan and K.P. Aravindan)
6. Beneficiary as Agency: Role of Women's Agency and the Panchayat in Implementing NREGA-A Study in Kerala (K.P. Kannan and N. Jagajeevan)
PART IV: GUJARAT
7. The Practice of Poor Relief in Rural South Gujarat (Jan Breman)
8. Social Security for the Urban Poor: A Case Study in Gujarat (Darshini Mahadevia)
9. Social Security Schemes in Tribal Areas of Gujarat: A Study in the Dangs District (Satyakam Joshi)
PART V: ODISHA
10. Structural Legacy, Inefficacy, and Weakening Social Securities: A Study of NREGS in a Panchayat in Odisha (Rathikanta Kumbhar)
11. Social Health Insurance for the Poor: A Study of RSBY in Odisha (Amarendra Das)
PART VI: PUNJAB
12. Functioning of NREGS in a Prosperous State: A Study in Punjab (Sucha Singh Gill, Sukhwinder Singh, and Jaswinder Singh Brar)
13. Social Security in Punjab: A Blend of State and Central Schemes (Sucha Singh Gill, Sukhwinder Singh, and Jaswinder Singh Brar)
Notes on Contributors