The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Lind/Marchal/Wathen: BASIC STATISTICS FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS, Seventh edition is a derivative of the best-selling STATISTICAL TECHNIQUES IN BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS, offering the essential topics of statistical tools and methods delivered in a student friendly, step-by-step format. The text is non-threatening and presents concepts clearly and succinctly with a conversational writing style. All statistical concepts are illustrated with solved applied examples immediately upon introduction. Modern computing tools and applications are introduced, but the text maintains a focus on presenting statistics content as opposed to technology or programming methods, and the seventh edition continues as a "students" text with increased emphasis on interpretation of data and results.
Table of Contents
1. What is Statistics?
2. Describing Data: Frequency Distributions and Graphic Presentations
3. Describing Data: Numerical Measures
4. Describing Data: Displaying and Exploring Data
5. A Survey of Probability Concepts
6. Discrete Probability Distributions
7. Continuous Probability Distributions
8. Sampling Methods and the Central Limit Theorem
9. Estimation and Confidence Intervals
10. One-Sample Tests of Hypothesis
11.Two Samples Tests of Hypothesis
12. Analysis of Variance
13. Linear Regression and Correlation
14. Multiple Regression and Correlation Analysis
15. Chi-Square Applications
Appendices: Tables and Data Sets
Answers to Odd-Numbered Chapter Exercises and Chapter Tests