Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Without effective execution, no business strategy can succeed. This second edition delivers a powerful framework every leader can use to overcome the obstacles to successfully deploying business strategy. In this book, leading consultant and Wharton professor Lawrence Hrebiniak offers a comprehensive, disciplined process model for making strategy work in the real world. Drawing on his unsurpassed experience, Hrebiniak shows why execution is even more important than many senior executives realize, and sheds powerful new light on why businesses fail to deliver on even their most promising strategies. He offers a systematic roadmap for execution that encompasses every key success factor: organizational structure, coordination, information sharing, incentives, controls, change management, culture, and the role of power and influence in your business. With three new chapters, expanded coverage, and new examples, the Second Edition of this highly successful book is the definitive guide for turning strategy into action.
1. Strategy Execution Is the Key.
2. Overview and Model: Making Strategy Work.
3. The Path to Successful Execution: Good Strategy Comes First.
4. Organizational Structure and Execution.
5. Managing Integration: Effective Coordination and Information Sharing.
6. Incentives and Controls: Supporting and Reinforcing Execution.
7. Managing Change.
8. Managing Culture and Culture Change.
9. Power, Influence, and Execution.
10. Summary and Application: Making Mergers and Acquisitions Work.
11. Making Global Strategies Work
12. Executing Strategy in Service Organizations13. Project Management’s Role in Making Strategy Work