Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
PART I. THE BASICS OF TEAMWORK
1. Teams in Organizations: Facts and Myths
2. Performance and Productivity: Team Performance Criteria and Threats to Productivity
3. Rewarding Teamwork: Compensation and Performance Appraisals
PART II. INTERNAL DYNAMICS
4. Designing the Team: Tasks, People, and Processes
5. Team Identity, Emotion, and Development
6. Sharpening the Team Mind: Communication and Collective Intelligence
7. Team Decision Making: Pitfalls and Solutions
8. Conflict in Teams: Leveraging Differences to Create Opportunity
9. Creativity: Mastering Strategies for High Performance
PART III. EXTERNAL DYNAMICS
10. Networking, Social Capital, and Integrating across Teams
11. Leadership: Managing the Paradox
12. Interteam Relations: Competition and Cooperation
13. Teaming Across Distance and Culture
APPENDIX 1. Managing Meetings: A Toolkit
APPENDIX 2. Tips for Facilitators
APPENDIX 3. A Guide for Creating Effective Study Groups
APPENDIX 4. Example Items from Peer Evaluations and 360-Degree Performance Evaluations