(NOTE: Each chapter begins with Objectives and an Overview and ends with an Internet and Computer Applications section, a “Focus on Burke” section, a Summary, Key Terms and Concepts, Acronyms, Exercises, Activities, and Notes.)
I. INTRODUCTION AND EARLY PHASES OF MARKETING RESEARCH.
1. Introduction to Marketing Research.
2. Defining the Marketing Research Problem and Developing an Approach.
II. RESEARCH DESIGN FORMULATION.
3. Research Design.
4. Exploratory Research Design: Secondary Data.
5. Exploratory Research Design: Qualitative Research.
6. Descriptive Research Design: Survey and Observation.
7. Causal Research Design: Experimentation.
8. Measurement and Scaling: Fundamentals and Comparative Scaling.
9. Measurement and Scaling: Noncomparative Scaling Techniques.
10. Questionnaire and Form Design.
11. Sampling: Design and Procedures.
12. Sampling: Final and Initial Sample Size Determination.
III. DATA COLLECTION, ANALYSIS, AND REPORTING.
13. Field Work.
14. Data Preparation.
15. Frequency Distribution, Cross-Tabulation, and Hypothesis Testing.
16. Analysis of Variance and Covariance.
17. Correlation and Regression.
18. Discriminant Analysis.
19. Factor Analysis.
20. Cluster Analysis.
21. Multidimensional Scaling and Conjoint Analysis.
22. Report Preparation and Presentation.
23. International Marketing Research.
Appendix: Statistical Tables.