Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Fully revised for current practices and medication, this Medical Dosage Calculations: A Dimensional Analysis Approach, 10/e remains the field’s most complete, user-friendly and accessible drug calculation text and workbook.
Using the dimensional analysis format it pioneered, students begin with simple arithmetic, progressing to the most complex drug calculations. As they develop mathematical skills for accurate dosage calculations, they also gain a thorough professional understanding of safe drug administration. Compared with competitors, our text contains deeper, more realistic problems, incorporating actual dosages and requiring real critical thinking.
Coverage includes titrations, IV push, VCC, and other complex calculations. Updates include: revised safety recommendations and insulin coverage; new equipment and labeling photos; and 0.5 mL and needleless syringes. Pedagogical aids include case studies, self-tests, and a website for student resources.
Table of Contents
Unit 1. Basic Calculation Skills and Introduction to Medication Administration
1. Review of Arithmetic for Medical Dosage Calculations
2. Safe and Accurate Drug Administration
3. Dimensional Analysis
Unit 2. Systems of Measurement
4. The Metric and Household Systems
5. Converting from One System of Measurement to Another
Unit 3. Oral and Parenteral Medications
6. Oral Medication Doses
8. Preparation of Solutions
9. Parenteral Medications
Unit 4. Infusions and Pediatric Dosages
10. Flow Rates and Durations of External and Intravenous Infusions
11. Calculating Flow Rates for Intravenous Medications
12. Calculating Pediatric Dosages