Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Directed primarily toward undergraduate MIS college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
MIS Essentials, 3/e shows exactly how businesses use information systems and technology to accomplish their goals, objectives, and competitive strategy. Knowing this will help you get ahead of the IS impact, which in turn, will keep you ahead of the growing list of obsolete jobs. MyMISLab further prepares readers for the rigors of the workplace through additional practice material, quizzing, and testing, and also engages readers in real business situations through simulations.
The Third Edition focuses on the latest innovation in MIS and addresses today’s changing experience through new Guides and new GearUp and PRIDE cases, based on real businesses and business opportunities.
Note: This is the standalone book if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below.
0133098842 / 9780133098846 MIS Essentials Plus MyMISLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0132970759 / 9780132970754 MIS
013297293X / 9780132972932 MyMISLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for MIS Essentials
Table of Contents
1. The Importance of MIS
2. Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
3. Organizational Strategy, Information Systems, and Competitive Advantage
II. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
4. Hardware and Software
5. Database Processing
6. Data Communication and the Cloud
III. USING IS FOR COMPETITIVE STRATEGY
7. Organizations and Information Systems
8. Social Media Systems
9. Business Intelligence Systems
IV. INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
10. Information Systems Development
11. Information Systems Management
12. Information Security Management
CE 1 Collaboration Information Systems for Decision-Making, Problem Solving, and Project Management
CE 2 Collaboration Information Systems for Student Projects