As one of the most complete books available on technology integration, this text presents effective theory and research-based strategies for integrating technology resources and technology-based methods into everyday classroom practices. Integrating Educational Technology into Teaching is written from the teacher's perspective, making it ideal for both novice and experienced computer users. Provides numerous applications throughout in the form of lesson plans and integration strategies; unique coverage of integrating technology into specific content areas. For educators looking to learn about computers in education or instructional media courses.
I. INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND ON INTEGRATING TECHNOLOGY IN EDUCATION.
1. Educational Technology in Context: The Big Picture.
2. Planning and Implementation for Effective Technology Integration.
3. Learning Theories and Integration Models.
II. USING SOFTWARE AND MEDIA TUTORS AND TOOLS: PRINCIPLES AND STRATEGIES.
4. Using Instructional Software in Teaching and Learning.
5. Using Productivity Software and Other Software Tools in Teaching and Learning.
6. Using Multimedia and Hypermedia in Teaching and Learning.
III. LINKING TO LEARN—PRINCIPLES AND STRATEGIES.
7. Distance Learning Opportunities and Options.
8. Integrating the Internet into Education.
9. A Link to the Future—Where Is Education Going with Technology?
IV. INTEGRATING TECHNOLOGY INTO THE CURRICULUM.
10. Technology in Language Arts and Foreign Language Instruction.
11. Technology in Science and Mathematics Instruction.
12. Technology in Social Studies Instruction.
13. Technology in Art and Music Instruction.
14. Technology in Physical Education and Health.
15. Technology in Special Education.
Appendix: Fundamentals of Microcomputer Systems.
Integrating Technology Across the Curriculum: A User's Guide.