Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
The revolutionary approach of D.J. Henry’s Writing for Life offers a visually rich, high-interest, and down-to-earth approach that reinforces the writing process while showing students how to take responsibility for their learning.
0321881877 / 9780321881878 Writing for Life: Sentences and Paragraphs with NEW MyWritingLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0205870147 / 9780205870141 NEW MyWritingLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
020588539X / 9780205885398 Writing for Life: Sentences and Paragraphs
Table of Contents
Part 1: Getting Ready to Write
1. Preparing to Learn about Writing
2. Thinking through the Writing Process
Part 2: Writing Paragraphs
3. Understanding the Paragraph
4. Using the Patterns of Organization to Develop Your Paragraphs
Part 3: The Basic Sentence
5.Nouns and Pronouns
6. Adjectives and Adverbs
8. Subjects, Verbs, and Simple Sentences
9. Compound and Complex Sentences
Part 4: Recognizing and Avoiding Errors
10. Run Ons
12. Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
13. Subject-Verb Agreement
Part 5: Punctuation and Mechanics
14. The Comma
15. The Apostrophe
16. Question Marks
17. End Punctuation
19. Improving Your Spelling
20. Mastering Often-Confused Words
Part 6: Writing Clearly
21. Sentence Variety
22. Sentence Clarity
23. Dialects and Standard English
24. Revising for Effective Expression
Part 7: Reading Selections
Understanding the Essay
The Writing Portfolio