Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
UNIT ONE: INTRODUCTION TO CIVIL LITIGATION
1. The Paralegal in Civil Litigation
2. Technology in Civil Litigation
3. The Court System
UNIT TWO: INVESTIGATION AND PLANNING THE LITIGATION
4. Client Interviews and Investigation in Civil Litigation
5. Organizing and Managing Civil Litigation
6. Electronic Research
UNIT THREE: EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS IN CIVIL LITIGATION
8. Settlement and Alternative Dispute Resolution
9. Pleadings: Complaint, Summons, and Service
10. Pleadings: Responses to Complaint
UNIT FOUR: FORMAL DISCOVERY METHODS
11. Introduction to Discovery
12. Issues in Electronic Discovery
13. Interrogatories and Requests for Production
15. Other Forms of Discovery
UNIT FIVE: TRIAL OF THE CASE
16. Trial Preparation—Postdiscovery to Pretrial
18. The Electronic Courtroom and Trial Presentation
UNIT SIX: POSTTRIAL ISSUES
19. Posttrial Procedures
20. Enforcement of Judgments
APPENDIX 1. Case Studies
APPENDIX 2. Glossary of Spanish Equivalents for Important Legal Terms
APPENDIX 3. Internet Resources