Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Northstar, now in its third edition, motivates students to succeed in their academic as well as personal language goals. For each of the five levels, the two strands — Reading and Writing and Listening and Speaking — provide a fully integrated approach for students and teachers.
What is Special about the Third Edition?
- New Themes and Updated Content — presented in a variety of genres and in authentic materials — challenge and engage students intellectually.
- Enhanced Focus on Academic Skills, more purposeful integration of critical thinking, and an enhanced focus on academic skills such as inferencing, synthesizing, notetaking, and test taking help students develop strategies for success in the classroom and on standardized tests.
- A structured approach gives students opportunities for more extended and creative oral practice, for example, presentations, simulations, debates, speeches, public service announcements and more.
- A New Design with full color pages, more photos, illustrations, and graphic organizers fosters student engagement and makes the content come alive.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below;
0136133177 / 9780136133179 NorthStar, Listening and Speaking 3 with MyNorthStarLab
Package consists of:
0132461056 / 9780132461054 MyNorthStarLab, NorthStar Listening and Speaking 3 (Student Access Code only)
0136133134 / 9780136133131 NorthStar, Listening and Speaking 3 (Student Book alone)
Table of Contents
|Advertising on the Air|
|Separated by the Same Language|
|Culture and Commerce|
|The Art of Storytelling|
|Before You Say "I Do"|
|Personal Carbon Footprint|
|To Spank or Not to Spank?|
|Grammar Book References|
|The Phonetic Alphabet|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|