NoSQL database usage is growing at a stunning 50% per year, as organizations discover NoSQL's potential to address even the most challenging Big Data and real-time database problems. Every NoSQL database is different, but one is the most popular by far: MongoDB.
Now, in just 24 lessons of one hour or less, you can learn how to leverage MongoDB's immense power. Each short, easy lesson builds on all that's come before, teaching NoSQL concepts and MongoDB techniques from the ground up.
Sams Teach Yourself NoSQL with MongoDB in 24 Hours covers all this, and much more:
- Learning how NoSQL is different, when to use it, and when to use traditional RDBMSes instead
- Designing and implementing MongoDB databases of diverse types and sizes
- Storing and interacting with data via Java, PHP, Python, and Node.js/Mongoose
- Choosing the right NoSQL distribution model for your application
- Installing and configuring MongoDB
- Designing MongoDB data models, including collections, indexes, and GridFS
- Balancing consistency, performance, and durability
- Leveraging the immense power of Map-Reduce
- Administering, monitoring, securing, backing up, and repairing MongoDB databases
- Mastering advanced techniques such as sharding and replication
- Optimizing performance