Questions About This Book?
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Matt Weisfeld is a college professor, software developer, and author based in Cleveland, Ohio. Prior to teaching college full time, he spent 20 years in the information technology industry as a software developer, entrepreneur, and adjunct professor. Weisfeld holds an MS in computer science and an MBA. Besides the first three editions of The Object-Oriented Thought Process, he has authored two other software development books and published many articles in magazines and journals, such as developer.com, Dr. Dobb’s Journal, The C/C++ Users Journal, Software Development Magazine, Java Report, and the international journal Project Management.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Object-Oriented Concepts
2. How to Think in Terms of Objects
3. Advanced Object-Oriented Concepts
4. The Anatomy of a Class
5. Mastering Inheritance and Composition
6. Frameworks and Reuse: Designing with Interfaces and Abstract Classes
7. Building Objects and Object-Oriented Design
8. Object-Oriented and Object Based Languages
9. Objects and Portable Data: XML, SOAP, and JSON
10. Persistent Objects: Serialization, Marshalling and Relational Databases
11. Objects in Web Services and Mobile Apps
12. Design Patterns
Appendix A. Code Examples