Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Dan Zahavi is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Copenhagen, Director of the Center for Subjectivity Research, and co-editor in chief of the journal Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences. He is past president of the Nordic Society for Phenomenology (2001-2007). His publications include Husserl und die transzendentale Intersubjektivitat (1996), Self-awareness and Alterity (1999), Husserl's Phenomenology (2003), Subjectivity and Selfhood (2005), Phanomenologie fur Einsteiger (2007), and The Phenomenological Mind (with Shaun Gallagher) (2008).
Table of Contents
Introduction, Dan Zahavi
I Subjectivity and Nature
1. Phenomenological Method: Reflection, Introspection, and Skepticism, David Cerbone
2. Transcendental Phenomenology and the Seductions of Naturalism: Subjectivity, Consciousness, and Meaning, Steven Crowell
3. Respecting appearances: A phenomenological approach to consciousness, Charles Siewert
4. On the possibility of naturalizing phenomenology, Shaun Gallagher
5. The phenomenology of life: desire as the being of the subject, Renaud Barbaras
II Intentionality, Perception and Embodiment
6. Intentionality without representationalism, John Drummond
7. Perception, context and direct realism, D.W. Smith
8. Colors and sounds: The field of visual and auditory consciousness, Junichi Murata
9. Bodily Intentionality, Affectivity and Basic Affects, Donn Welton
10. Thought in action, Komarine Romdenh-Romluc
11. Sex, Gender and Embodiment, Sara Heinamaa
12. At the edge(s) of my body, Ed Casey
III Self and Consciousness
13. Action and selfhood: a narrative interpretation, Laszlo Tengelyi
14. Self-consciousness and world-consciousness, Dorothee Legrand
15. Self, consciousness and shame, Dan Zahavi
IV Language, thinking, and knowledge
16. The (many) foundations of knowledge, Walter Hopp
17. The phenomenological foundations of predicative structure, Dominique Pradelle
18. Language and non-linguistic thinking, Dieter Lohmar
19. Sharing in Truth: Phenomenology of Epistemic Commonality, Hans Bernhard Schmid
V Ethics, politics, and sociality
20. Responsive ethics, Bernhard Waldenfels
21. Towards a Phenomenology of the Political World, Klaus Held
22. Other People, Soren Overgaard
VI Time and history
23. Experience and history, David Carr
24. The forgiveness of time and consciousness, Nicolas de Warren
25. Hermeneutic Phenomenology, Gunter Figal
VII Art and religion
26. Something That Is Nothing but Can Be Anything: the Image and Our Consciousness of It, John Brough
27. Phenomenological and aesthetic epoche: Painting the invisible things themselves., Rudolf Bernet
28. Evidence in the phenomenology of religious experience, Anthony Steinbock