Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Christopher R. Thomas is Associate Professor of Economics and has served as Exide Professor of Sustainable Enterprise at University of South Florida. He is the author or coauthor of many journal articles, book reviews, and chapters in books. His textbook in managerial economics is in its eleventh English edition and is also published in Chinese.
William F. Shughart II is J. Fish Smith Professor in Public Choice at Utah State University, a senior fellow of The Independent Institute, and the editor-in-chief of Public Choice. Previously the holder of three named professorships at the University of Mississippi, he is the author or editor of eleven books and has published more than 200 book chapters, peer reviewed academic journal articles, and book reviews.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Nature, Scope, and Future of Managerial Economics
1. Managerial economics: Introduction and overview
2. Managerial economics: present and future
Part 2: Managing Demand and Cost Conditions
3. Estimating market power and strategies
4. Advances in production and cost frontier analysis of the firm
5. Supply chain design and risk management
6. Combinatorial Auctions
Part 3: Analytical Foundations of Modern Managerial Economics
7. Game and information theory in modern managerial economics
8. Issues in analysis of time, risk, and uncertainty
9. Behavioral economics and managerial decision making
Part 4: Pricing and Marketing Tactics and Strategies
10. Advances in pricing strategy and tactics
11. Product development and promotion
Part 5: Strategy and Business Competition
12. Market imperfections and sustainable competitive advantage
13. The new managerial economics of firm growth: the role of intangible assets and capabilities
14. Strategies for network industries
15. Internalization theory as the general theory of international strategic management: past, present and future
16. Competitive strategy in the nonprofit sector
Part 6: Firm Boundaries and Organizational Architecture
17. Organizational design and firm performance
18. Design and implementation of pay for performance
19. Vertical merger
20. The evolving modern theory of the firm
Part 7: Financial Structure, Incentives, and Governance
21. Financing the business firm
22. Corporate governance and organizational performance
Part 8: Public Policy for Managers
23. Managing workplace safety and health
24. Merger strategies and antitrust concerns
25. On the profitability of corporate environmentalism