More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 3/1/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Michael Lieb is Research Professor of Humanities Emeritus and Professor of English Emeritus at University of Illinois, Chicago.
Emma Mason is Senior Lecturer at University of Warwick.
Table of Contents
Introduction, Jonathan Roberts
1. Genesis, Rachel Havrelock
2. Job, John F. A. Sawyer
3. Psalms, Katherine Dell
4. Isaiah, John F. A. Sawyer
5. Ezekiel, Paul Joyce
6. Daniel, John J. Collins
7. Judges, David M. Gunn
8. Gospel of John, Catrin H. Williams
9. Romans, Guy J. Williams
10. Corinthians, Judith Kovacs
11. Galatians, John Riches
12. Revelation, Christopher Rowland
Hermeneutical and Historical Issues
13. The Bible and Iconography, Albert C. Labriola
14. Linguistic and Cultural Influences on Interpretation in Translations of the Bible, David J. Clark
15. Memory, Imagination, and the Interpretation of Scripture in the Middle Ages, Mary Carruthers
16. Bible and Millenarianism, Peter Clarke
17. Non Retaliation and Military Force, Richard Harries
18. The Bible and Anti-Semitism, Tobias Nicklas
19. Dante and the Bible, Piero Boitani
20. George Friedric Handel and the Messiah, John Butt
21. Elizabeth Cady Stanton's The Women's Bible, Ann Loades
22. Uchimura and the Bible in Japan, Atsuhiro Asano
23. One Bible, Two Preachers: Patchwork Sermons and Sacred Art in the American South, Carol Crown
24. Bob Dylan's Bible, Michael J. Gilmour
25. From John's Gospel to Dan Brown: The Magdalene Code, Robin Griffith-Jones
26. Gnostic Interpretations of Genesis, Ismo Dunderberg
27. Samuel Wilberforce, Thomas Huxley, and Genesis, John Hedley Brooke
28. Sodomy and Gendered Love: Reading Genesis 19 in the Anglican Communion, Jay Emerson Johnson
29. Exodus in Early Twentieth Century America: Charles Reynolds Brown and Lawrence Langner, Scott Langston
30. The Use of Exodus by the Africaanas and Liberation Theologians, Paulo Nogueira
31. Elihu's Spiritual Sensation: William Blake's Illustrations to the Book of Job, Emma Mason
32. Ezekiel 1 and the Nation of Islam, Michael Lieb
33. Post-Holocaust Jewish Interpretations of Job, Isabel Wollaston
34. Seventh Day Adventists, Daniel, and Revelation, Kenneth G. C. Newport
35. Esther and Hitler: A Second Triumphant Purim, Jo Carruthers
36. Kierkegaard on the Lilies and the Birds: Matthew 6, George Pattison
37. Ghandi's Interpretation of the Sermon on the Mount, Jeremy Holtom
38. Preaching, Politics, and Paul in Contemporary African American Christianity, Brad Braxton
39. Ruskin, the Bible, and the Death of Rose La Touche, Zoe Bennett
40. Karl Barth on Romans, Tim Gorringe
41. Augustine and Pelagius on the Epistle to the Romans, Mark Edwards
42. Luther on Galatians, Peter Matheson
43. Joanna Southcott: Enacting the Woman Clothed with the Sun, Gordon Allan
44. Bible Reading and/after Theory, Valentine Cunningham