More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 2/5/2014.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Much of the most interesting work in philosophy today is metaphysical in character. Oxford Studies in Metaphysics is a forum for the best new work in this flourishing field. OSM offers a broad view of the subject, featuring not only the traditionally central topics such as existence, identity, modality, time, and causation, but also the rich clusters of metaphysical questions in neighbouring fields, such as philosophy of mind and philosophy of science. Besides independent essays, volumes will often contain a critical essay on a recent book, or a symposium that allows participants to respond to one another's criticisms and questions. Anyone who wants to know what's happening in metaphysics can start here.
Karen Bennett is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Cornell University.
Dean W. Zimmerman is Professor of Philosophy at Rutgers University, New Jersey.
Table of Contents
Oxford Studies in Metaphysics: Younger Scholar Prize Announcement
I. FINDING THE FUNDAMENTAL
1. Naturalness, Cian Dorr and John Hawthorne
2. Fundamental Properties of Fundamental Properties, Maya Eddon
3. Absolutism vs. Comparativism about Quantity, Shamik Dasgupta
II. ONTOLOGICAL COMMITMENTS: WORDS AND SLOTS
4. Modal Quantification without Worlds, Bill Dunaway
5. Slots in Universals, Cody Gilmore
6. Against Parthood, Theodore Sider
7. Composition as General Identity, Aaron Cotnoir
8. Cut the Pie Any Way You Like? Cotnoir on General Identity, Katherine Hawley
IV. THE A-THEORY OF TIME
9. Living on the Brink, or Welcome Back, Growing Block!, Fabrice Correia and Sven Rosenkranz
10. Fighting the Zombie of the Growing Salami, David Braddon-Mitchell
11. Changing Truthmakers: Reply to Tallant and Ingram, Ross P. Cameron