Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Both an ideal resource for those entering healthcare and an excellent professional reference, Patient Care Skills, Seventh Edition helps readers learn both specific procedures and general rules of good body mechanics, patient handling, and safety. Extensively updated to reflect the latest best practices in patient care, communication, and documentation, this full-color book delivers clear, accurate, readable information through engaging photographs and simple text. Coverage includes: patient positioning and transfer, vital signs, aseptic techniques, and much more. For each procedure presented, step-by-step illustrations are accompanied by brief written explanations. Since procedures are built around illustrations, less text is required, and students can immediately see if they are performing the correct steps in the correct sequence.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Patient Care
2. Communication and Patient/Client Management Process
3. Preparation for Patient Care
4. Aseptic Techniques
5. Vital Signs
7. Turning and Positioning
8. Range of Motion Exercises
9. Transfer Activities
10. Ambulation with Ambulatory Assistive Devices
Appendix. ADA Requirements
Glossary of Abbreviations