Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Prepare your students for career success with first-hand experience in calculating payroll, completing payroll taxes, and preparing payroll records and reports. The annual revision of Bieg/Toland's market-leading Payroll Accounting 2011 text addresses all of the latest laws and up-to-the-minute updates regarding payroll.
- OVER THE LINE Real World Ethics Cases illustrate situations where companies either intentionally or unintentionally crossed the boundaries of fairness in their interpretation of payroll laws.
- Revised Solutions Manual provides more steps to explain solutions in detail and clarify student understanding where appropriate.
- New intriguing examples, engaging real-world applications, and even humorous anecdotes add new life and excitement to this edition's topics.
- Up-to-the-minute tax law changes addressed throughout this annual revision ensure that you and your students are working with the latest payroll information. Discover a complete list of late-breaking changes within the "As We Go to Press" page in the text and find the latest, updated changes on the text's companion website.
- Klooster and Allen's Integrated Accounting for Payroll, no additional cost when bundled with the PAYROLL ACCOUNTING text, provides the opportunity for students to solve the Comprehensive Payroll Project in Chapter 7 using this updated, leading accounting software.
- End-of-chapter practices integrate MS Excel as well as the new MS Accounting software with important Excel templates that provide additional practice for the Continuing Payroll Problem, the Comprehensive Payroll Project, and other problems. An Excel primer on the Instructor's Resource CD and accompanying text website provides the background students need.
- Easy-to-follow text presentation, including intriguing examples, self-study questions, and comprehensive end-of-chapter practice, help ensure students comprehend and can apply the information they've learned.
- Learning Objectives noted in the margins allow readers to easily reference content that corresponds with specific objectives from the text.
- An easy-to-read Key Point Summary has been added at the end of each chapter.
- Chapter Openers have been rewritten to have a closer connection to the student.
- Comprehensive step-by-step solutions have been added to the Solutions Manual.
- A clear explanation of the rounding issues applicable to payroll accounting has been added for the student and instructor.
- The Achievement Test questions have been added to the Examview test bank greatly expanding the selection of test bank questions available to the instructor.
Table of Contents
|The Need for Payroll and Personnel Records|
|Computing Wages and Salaries|
|Social Security Taxes|
|Income Tax Withholdings|
|Unemployment Compensation Taxes|
|Analyzing and Journalizing Payroll|
|Computerized Payroll Accounting|
|Tables for Percentage Method of Withholding|
|Wage-Bracket Withholding Tables|
|Online Appendices B, C, D|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|