Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
Introduction, Marina Chumakina
I. The Typological Space: Periphrasis in Four Key Languages
1. Periphrasis in Archi, Marina Chumakina
2. Instability in Stability: Therapeutic and Elaborative Periphrasis in the Dalabon Pronominal Prefix Paradigm, Nicholas Evans
3. Periphrasis in Tundra Nenets, Irina Nikolaeva
4. Periphrasis in the Sanskrit verb system, Gregory Stump
II. Syntactic and Morphological Perspectives
5. The Phrase-Structural Diversity of Periphrasis: A Lexicalist Account, Olivier Bonami and Gert Webelhuth
6. Periphrasis and Possible Lexemes, Greville G. Corbett
7. Relatedness in Periphrasis: A Paradigm-based Perspective, Gergana Popova and Andrew Spencer
8. Sentence Negation and Periphrasis, Andrew Spencer