Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Directed primarily toward undergraduate finance majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals, or anyone interested in learning how to manage their personal finances.
Personal Finance takes a hands-on approach to building a financial plan. The text’s seven parts each cover one section of a financial plan; Chapter 21 is the capstone. A running example throughout the book and a variety of end-of-chapter cases reinforce the practical aspects of planning.
Table of Contents
Financial Literacy Pre-Test
1. Overview of a Financial Plan
PART I. TOOLS FOR FINANCIAL PLANNING
2. Planning with Personal Financial Statements
3. Applying Time Value Concepts
4. Using Tax Concepts for Planning
PART II. MANAGING YOUR LIQUIDITY
5. Banking and Interest Rates
6. Managing Your Money
7. Assessing and Securing Your Credit
8. Managing Your Credit
PART III. PERSONAL FINANCING
9. Personal Loans
10. Purchasing and Financing a Home
PART IV. PROTECTING YOUR WEALTH
11. Auto and Homeowner’s Insurance
12. Health and Disability Insurance
13. Life Insurance
PART V. PERSONAL INVESTING
14. Investing Fundamentals
15. Investing in Stocks
16. Investing in Bonds
17. Investing in Mutual Funds
18. Asset Allocation
PART VI. RETIREMENT AND ESTATE PLANNING
19. Retirement Planning
20. Estate Planning
PART VII. SYNTHESIS OF FINANCIAL PLANNING
21. Integrating the Components of a Financial Plan
Financial Literacy Post-Test
Appendix A. Your Career
Appendix B. Projects
Appendix C. Financial Tables