Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Elegant, engaging, exacting, and concise, Giancoli’s Physics: Principles with Applications , Seventh Edition, helps you view the world through eyes that know physics.
Giancoli’s text is a trusted classic, known for its elegant writing, clear presentation, and quality of content. Using concrete observations and experiences you can relate to, the text features an approach that reflects how science is actually practiced: it starts with the specifics, then moves to the great generalizations and the more formal aspects of a topic to show you why we believe what we believe.
Written with the goal of giving you a thorough understanding of the basic concepts of physics in all its aspects, the text uses interesting applications to biology, medicine, architecture, and digital technology to show you how useful physics is to your everyday life and in your future profession.
He has taught a wide range of undergraduate courses, traditional as well as innovative ones, and continues to update his textbooks meticulously, seeking ways to better provide an understanding of physics for students.
Doug’s favorite spare-time activity is the outdoors, especially climbing peaks. He says climbing peaks is like learning physics: it takes effort and the rewards are great.
Table of Contents
- Introduction, Measurement, Estimating
- Describing Motion: Kinematics in One Dimension
- Kinematics in Two Dimensions; Vectors
- Dynamics: Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Circular Motion; Gravitation
- Work and Energy
- Linear Momentum
- Rotational Motion
- Static Equilibrium; Elasticity and Fracture
- Oscillations and Waves
- Temperature and Kinetic Theory
- The Laws of Thermodynamics
- Electric Charge and Electric Field
- Electric Potential
- Electric Currents
- DC Circuits
- Electromagnetic Induction and Faraday’s Law
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Light: Geometric Optics
- The Wave Nature of Light
- Optical Instruments
- The Special Theory of Relativity
- Early Quantum Theory and Models of the Atom
- Quantum Mechanics of Atoms
- Molecules and Solids
- Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity
- Nuclear Energy; Effects and Uses of Radiation
- Elementary Particles
- Astrophysics and Cosmology