Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Nutritional Terms and Definitions
- The Life Cycle and Nutrient Requirements
- Glucose and Fatty Acids: Providers of Body Structure and Function
- Amino Acids and Proteins: Providers of Body Structure and Function
- Vitamins: Cofactors for Nutrient Metabolism
- Minerals: Providing Many Functions
- The Basics of Nutrient Requirements: Water, Energy, and Protein
- Getting Ready to Make Foods: Ingredients, Preparation, and Processing
- Formulation, Analysis, and Labeling: Foods to Meet Requirements
- Nutrition of Canines through the Life Cycle
- Nutrition of Cats, the True Carnivores
- Nutrition of Nonruminant Herbivores: Horses
- Nutrition of the Rabbit, a Lagomorph
- Llamas and Alpacas: Ruminant Companions
- Nutrition of Ornamental Birds
- Nutrition of Aquarium Fish
- Nutrition of Rodents
- Nutrition of Reptiles