Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
For undergraduate Operations Management courses.
A broad, practical introduction to operations, reinforced with an extensive collection of practice problems.
Principles of Operations Management presents a broad introduction to the field of operations in a realistic and practical manner, while offering the largest and most diverse collection of problems on the market. The problems found in this text also contain ample support—found in the book’s solved-problems, worked examples, and myomlab, Pearson’s new online homework and tutorial system—to help students complete and understand assignments even when they’re not in class.
The eighth edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect operations management today—and now features myomlab.
For a more comprehensive version with a quantitative modules at the end of the text, see Heizer/Render’s Operations Management, 10e.
Principles of Operations Management presents a broad introduction to the field of operations in a realistic and practical manner, while offering the largest and most diverse collection of problems on the market. Operations and Productivity; Operations Strategy in a Global Environment; Project Management; Forecasting; Design of Goods and Services; Managing Quality; Process Strategy; Location Strategies; Layout Strategies; Human Resources, Job Design, and Work Measurement; Supply Chain Management; Inventory Management; Aggregate Planning; Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and ERP; Short-Term Scheduling; Just-in-Time and Lean Operations; Maintenance and Reliability For anyone interested in operations management and gaining the fundamental working knowledge of a firm.
Table of Contents
1. Operations and Productivity
2. Operations Strategy in a Global Environment
3. Project Management
PART TWO: Designing Operations
5. Design of Goods and Services
6. Managing Quality
Supplement 6: Statistical Process Control
7. Process Strategy
Supplement 7: Capacity and Constraint Management
8. Location Strategies
9. Layout Strategies
10. Human Resources, Job Design, and Work Measurement
PART THREE: Managing Operations
11. Supply Chain Management
Supplement 11: Outsourcing as a Supply Chain Strategy
12. Inventory Management
13. Aggregate Planning
14. Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and ERP
15. Short-Term Scheduling
16. Just-in-Time and Lean Operations
17. Maintenance and Reliability
1. Statistical Tools for Managers
2. Acceptance Sampling
3. The Simplex Method of Linear Programming
4. The MODI and VAM Methods of Solving Transportation Problems
5. Vehicle Routing and Scheduling