Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
For courses in quality management, quality engineering, quality technology, and continuous process improvement in universities, colleges, community colleges, and corporate environments
A comprehensive, practical look at how to become an effective quality manager and decision maker focused on improving the quality of people, processes, products, and the work environment on a continual basis
Current and future quality managers and decision makers gain the knowledge and skills they need to achieve organizational excellence. With a focus on continually developing the quality of people, processes, products, and the work environment, it covers all pertinent quality-related topics, including: an overview of quality, quality and global competitiveness, strategic alliances, establishing a culture of quality, customer satisfaction and quality, employee empowerment, leadership and change management, team building and teamwork, education and training for quality, overcoming internal politics and conflict, quality tools, problem solving and decision making, quality function deployment, statistical process control, continual improvement methods, such as six sigma, lean, and lean six sigma), benchmarking, just-in-time/lean manufacturing, and implementing quality. The new edition features an improved artwork package; updated critical-thinking activities; and new material on managing quality in the supply chain, change to ISO 9000-2015, Lean, and Lean Six Sigma, QFD, SPC.
Dr. David Goetsch is a full professor of Quality, Safety, and Business Management. He is the author of 75 books, six of which have been translated into foreign languages including Korean, Indonesian, Spanish, and Malaysian. Dr. Goetsch spent ten years in the private sector in quality-related positions before entering higher education full-time. His other books include Total Quality Handbook, Implementing Total Quality, Understanding ISO 9000 and ISO Standards, Occupational Safety and Health, Basics of Occupational Safety and Health, and Project Management for Engineering and Technology.
Stanley Davis is a former manufacturing executive with Harris Corporation and an adjunct professor of quality. He is co-author of several other books with Dr. Goetsch including Understanding ISO 9000 and the ISO Standards and Implementing Total Quality.
1. The Total Quality Approach to Quality Management: Achieving Organizational Excellence 3
2. Quality and Global Competitiveness 21
3. Strategic Management: Planning and Execution for Competitive Advantage 36
4. Quality Management, Ethics, and Corporate Social Responsibility 53
5. Partnering and Strategic Alliances 68
6. Quality Culture: Changing Hearts, Minds, and Attitudes 82
7. Customer Satisfaction, Retention, and Loyalty 96
8. Employee Empowerment 113
9. Leadership and Change 124
10. Team Building and Teamwork 147
11. Effective Communication 165
12. Education and Training 184
13. Overcoming Politics, Negativity, and Conflict in the Workplace 208
14. ISO 9000 and Total Quality: The Relationship 232
II TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES 243
15. Overview of Total Quality Tools 245
16. Problem Solving and Decision Making 279
17. Quality Function Deployment 296
18. Optimizing and Controlling Processes through Statistical Process Control 312
19. Continual Improvement Methods with Six Sigma, Lean, Lean Six Sigma, and More 341
20. Benchmarking 369
21. Just-in-Time/Lean Manufacturing (JIT/Lean) 384
22. Implementing Total Quality Management 417