The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used and Rental copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Retail Advertising and Promotion explores how today's retailers can effectively reach their existing consumer base, attract new shoppers to their companies, and turn those shoppers into customers. The book provides an overview of advertising and promotion as they relate to retailing, including historical perspectives, ethics, regulations, and current trends. Covering all forms of advertising media - from newspapers and magazines to television and radio, outdoor advertising, and the Internet - it features practical information on planning and budgeting, as well as how to work with advertising agencies. The book discusses promotional tools available to retailers, including special events, visual merchandising, and public relations. This is not be a book on how to make advertising; rather, it focuses on the information that retailing students need to know in order to coordinate these endeavors to improve their business. Features: - Timely projects and exercises that ask students to apply the concepts in practical ways - Case problems drawn from the industry - Articles from journals and trade periodicals - Coverage of the growing multi-cultural consumer marketplace and how retailers can use advertising to reach this demographic Instructor's Resources: - Instructor's Guide provides suggestions for planning the course and using the text in the classroom - PowerPoint® Presentation provides a framework for classroom lectures and discussions for each chapter; compatible with PC and Mac platforms
Jay Diamond is Professor Emeritus at Nassau Community College.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Advertising 1.1.The Impact of Advertising on the Retail Industry 1.2.Ethics and Social Responsibility in Today's Advertising Arena
2. Planning the Advertising Program 2.1.Pre-planning: Researching the Target Markets 2.2.Targeting the Multicultural Markets 2.3.Planning and Budgeting Strategies 2.4.In-house and External Resources for Advertising Development
3. The Advertising Media 3.1.Newspapers 3.2.Magazines 3.3.Television and Radio 3.4.Direct Marketing: The Internet, Social Networking and Direct Mail 3.5.Outdoor Advertising
4. Creating the Advertising 4.1.Print Media 4.2.Broadcast Media
5. Promotional Tools Used by Retailers 5.1.Special Events 5.2.Visual Merchandising 5.3.Public Relations: Promoting and Advancing the Retailer's Image