More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 11/19/2013.
What is included with this book?
Jaime Ros, Professor of Economics, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM) and Professor Emeritus, University of Notre Dame
Table of Contents
1. Some Stylized Facts of Economic Development
Part I. Neoclassical and Endogenous Growth Models
2. Basic Neoclassical and Endogenous Growth Models
3. Endogenous Savings and International Capital Mobility in the Neoclassical Model
4. Human Capital in Neoclassical and Endogenous Growth Models
5. Industrial Differentiation and Creative Destruction in New Growth Theory
Part II. Classical Development Theory
6. The Lewis Model and the Labor Surplus Economy
7. Increasing Returns, External Economies, and Multiple Equilibria
8. Internal Economies, Imperfect Competition, and Pecuniary Externalities
9. Openness and the Big Push: Criticisms and Extensions of Classical Development Theory
Part III. Aggregate Demand and Growth
10. Effective Demand and Factor Accumulation
11. Demand-Driven Technical Change, the Real Exchange Rate, and Growth
12. Kalecki's Dual Economy Model and Structuralist Growth Models
13. Debt Traps and Growth Collapses
Part IV. Deep Determinants of Comparative Development
14. Trade and Development
15. Developmental Effects of Natural Resource Abundance
16. Inequality and Middle Income Traps
17. Institutions and Development
18. Geography, Colonialism, and Underdevelopment
19. Successes and Failures in Economic Development: The Keys to the Kingdom