Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Peter Heehs is an independent scholar living in Pondicherry.
Table of Contents
Section I: Poetry and Criticism; Editorial Note
1. Sri Aurobindo as a Poet: A Reassessment by K.D. Verma
2. The Everlasting Yes: Savitri the Epic of Affirmation by Richard Hartz
3. The Future Poetry by Kathleen Raine
4. Poetic Influences on the Development of Aurobindo's Spiritual and Nationalistic Convictions by Edward T. Ulrich
Section II: Political and Social Thought; Editorial Note
5. The Transfiguration of Duty in Aurobindo's Essays on the Gita by Andrew Sartori
6. The Spirit and Form of an Ethical Polity: A Meditation on Aurobindo's Thought by Sugata Bose
7. Retrieving 'Other' Visions of the Future: Sri Aurobindo and the Ideal of Human Unity by B.S. Chimni
8. Sri Aurobindo on the Ideal Social Order by J.N. Mohanty
Section III: Philosophical Thought; Editorial Note
9. The Philosophy and Yoga of Sri Aurobindo by Haridas Chaudhuri
10. Sri Aurobindo and Hegel on the Involution-evolution of Absolute Spirit by Steve Odin
11. Bringing Brahman Down to Earth by Nalini Bhushan and Jay L. Garfield
12. Ethical Skepticism in the Philosophy of Sri Aurobindo by Stephen Phillips
Section IV: Spiritual Thought; Editorial Note
13. Colonial and Post-Colonial Elaborations of Avataric Evolutionism by C. Mackenzie Brow
14. Tantra and Saktism in the Spirituality of Aurobindo Ghose by Michael Stoeber
15. The Experiential Basis of Sri Aurobindo's Integral Yoga by Robert McDermott
Notes on Contributors