Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Did you know you can read online reviews of your church?
How often have you talked about “reaching people where they are”—and realized that much of the time, they are on the Internet?
We’ve been living in a digital world for quite a while now. Justin Wise speaks about social media as this generation's printing press—a revolutionary technology that can spread the gospel farther and faster than we can imagine.
It’s time to take what we know (and admit what we don’t know) and learn together how to move forward as the church. Are you ready to think theologically about this digital age and reach people in a new way?
PART 1: THE "WHY" OF SOCIAL MEDIA & THE CHURCH
1. What's In It For "We"? Or, Why Social Media Matters
2. The Embedded Values of a New Media Culture
3. What Would Luther Do? The Bible, a German Monk, and What it Means for Church Leadership
4. The Medium is the Message (and the Message Doesn't Change)
PART 2: THE "HOW" OF SOCIAL MEDIA & THE CHURCH
1. Cave Drawings: A Brief History of Human Communication
2. Offline Trumps Online: A Social Spirituality
3. Navigating the Digital Generational Divide
4. Klout-Worthy Messaging: A Voice Worth Sharing
PART 3: THE "NOW" OF SOCIAL MEDIA & THE CHURCH
1. Vietnam, City of Soul, and Calculated Rule-Breaking
2. Social Media is a Movement, Not a Set of Tools
3. Where We're Going We Don't Need Roads (the Geek-Out Chapter)