Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Peter N. Bell is a Member of Common Room at Wolfson College, Oxford. His interests focus on the social and cultural history of Late Antiquity and its contemporary relevance, as well as on historical theory.
Table of Contents
List of Maps and Illustrations
Part 1: Approach, Methods, Sources
1. Understanding Social Conflict
2. The Analytical Framework
Part 2: Three Case Studies
3. Social Conflict in Countryside and Town
4. Two Empire-wide Conflicts: the Circus Factions and the Christians
Part 3: Ideological Conflicts - Their Management and Mediation
5. Ideological Conflict in the Reign of Justinian I
6. Constructing Legitimacy
7. Hagia Sophia: Ideology in Stone a Case Study
Part 4: Conclusions