Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
T. N. Madan is Honorary Professor of Sociology, Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi.
Table of Contents
Part I: RADHAKAMAL MUKERJEE (1889-1968)
1. Cultural Values and Economic Institutions
2. Caste and Social Change in India
3. The Theory of Social Institutions
4. Status, Ecological and Sociological
5. Sociology as Science and Philosophy
Part II: DHURJATI PRASAD MUKERJI (1894-1961)
6. Caste and Class
7. Equality and Personality
8. Independent India: The Immediate Problem
9. Intellectuals in India
10. Indian Tradition and Social Change
Part III: DHIRENDRA NATH MAJUMDAR (1903-1960)
11. Tribes in Transition
12. Caste: Biological and Sociological Aspects
13. The Village: A Concept, a Way of Life
14. Sociology as an Instrument of Social Policy
Part IV: AWADH KISHORE SARAN (1922-2003)
15. Sociology in India
16. Gandhi's Theory of Society
17. The Two Contexts of Secularization: Western and Indian
18. Sociology in Crisis