Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
This title is only available as a loose-leaf version with Pearson eText.
Special Education Law, 3/e captures the evolving nature of special education legislation—from historic bases for special education services, to the first passage of IDEA, to the Improvement Act of 2004. Using carefully selected cases, it illustrates the background for each enacted law and offers case briefs with questions to prompt discussion. An in-depth look at six legislative principles untangles complex issues of free appropriate public education, nondiscriminatory evaluation, program development, least restrictive environment, procedural due process, and parental participation. Fully revised, this edition includes information on Rosa's Law, the latest CEC ethics standards, sections on RtI and EIS, and a new chapter on future issues in special education.
0133399850 / 9780133399851 Special Education Law, Loose-Leaf Version with Pearson eText -- Access Card
Package consists of:
0133123332 / 9780133123333 Special Education Law Loose Leaf Version
0133398013 / 9780133398014 Special Education Law, Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
PART I: THE BASES FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION
1. Historical Overview of Special Education
2. A New Foundation for Special Education Services
PART II: SIX BASIC PRINCIPLES OF SPECIAL EDUCATION LEGISLATION
3. Free Appropriate Public Education
4. Nondiscriminatory Evaluation
5. Program Development
6. Least Restrictive Environment
7. Procedural Due Process
8. Parental Participation
9. Enforcement of Special Education Law
10. Discipline Issues
11. Mediation and Impartial Due Process Hearing
12. Ethics and the Special Education Professional
13. Future Issues in Special Education
APPENDIX A: THE AMERICAN LEGAL SYSTEM
APPENDIX B: READING RESEARCHING CASE LAW
APPENDIX C: GLOSSARY OF LEGAL TERMS
APPENDIX D: CASE LIST