Table of Contents
Every chapter concludes with “Conclusion” and “References.”
An Instructional Setting for All Learners.
Metaphors for Adolescent Literacy and Instruction.
Background on Adolescents Who Struggle as Readers.
2. Before School Starts.
3. Framing and Launching Units of Instruction.
4. Weaving Literacy Through Units of Instruction.
Selecting Literacy Strands.
Isolating and Integrating Unit Strands.
Examples of Literacy Strands.
5. Moving Toward Differentiation.
Initiating Group Instruction.
6. Interventions in Special Classes.
Dimensions of Responsive Interventions.
Interventions Utilizing the Four Resources Model.
7. Connections Beyond the Classroom.
8. Classroom Assessments.
Classroom Support Assessments.
9. Program Leadership.
Beginning a School-Wide Reading Program.
Structures for School-Wide Literacy Improvement.
10. Program Profiles.