Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
P. A. Brunt was formerly Camden Professor of Ancient History at the University of Oxford.
Miriam Griffin is Emeritus Fellow of Somerville College, Oxford.
Alison Samuels is Associate Lecturer at the Open University.
Table of Contents
Editors' Introduction Miriam Griffin & Alison Samuels
1. Chrysippus on Practical Morality
2. Political Attitudes of the Old Stoa
3. Morality and Social Convention in Stoic Thought
4. Aspects of the social thought of Dio Chrysostom and the Stoics
5. Panaetius in De Officiis
6. Cicero's Officium in the Civil War
7. Stoicism and the Principate
8. High Ranking Stoics under the Principate
9. From Epictetus to Arrian
10. Marcus Aurelius in his Meditations
11. Marcus Aurelius and Slavery
12. Marcus Aurelius and the Christians
13. Late Stoic Moralists
Bibliography of the works of P.A.Brunt Michael Crawford
Bibliography to the unpublished papers