Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
PART 1 - STRATEGIES FOR COLLEGE SUCCESS
1. Academic Success In and Out of the Classroom
2. Success in Your Writing Class
3. Reading & Learning Skills
4. Critical Thinking Skills
5. Preparing for and Taking Exams
PART 2 – THE WRITING PROCESS
6. Writing in College
7. Generating Ideas
8. Thesis and Organization
PART 3 – READING AND WRITING FOR COLLEGE AND CAREER
13. Reading and Writing Arguments
14. Reading and Writing About Literature
15. Presenting Writing
16. Online and Business Writing
17. Oral and Multimedia Presentations
PART 4 - GRAMMATICAL SENTENCES
18. Parts of Speech
19. The Sentence
20. Phrases and Subordinate Clauses
21. Sentence Types
26. Subject-Verb Agreement
28. Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement
30. Adjectives and Adverbs
31. Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
32. Sentence Fragments
33. Comma Splices and Fused Sentences
34. Mixed Sentences
PART 5 – CLARITY AND STYLE
37. Variety and Details
38. Appropriate Words
39. Exact Words
PART 6 – PUNCTUATION
41. End Punctuation
46. Quotation Marks
47. Other Marks
PART 7 - SPELLING AND MECHANICS
48. Spelling and the Hyphen
49. Capital Letters
50. Italics or Underlining
PART 8 - RESEARCH WRITING
53. Research Strategy
54. Finding Sources
55. Working with Sources
56. Avoiding Plagiarism and Documenting Sources
57. Writing the Paper
PART 9 - MLA DOCUMENTATION
PART 10 - APA DOCUMENTATION
PART 11 - GLOSSARIES AND INDEX