More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the Reprint edition with a publication date of 4/19/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Raziuddin Aquil is Associate Professor, Department of History, University of Delhi. He was previously Fellow in History, Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta.
Table of Contents
Preface to the Paperback Edition
Preface to the First Edition
Introduction: The Study of Medieval Indian History
PART I Struggle for Power and Dominance
1. The Making of a Badshah: Emergence of Sher Shah Sur
2. Mughal-Afghan Interface: Battles and Mobilization
PART II Political Ideals and Institutions
3. Norms of Governance and Aspects of Administration
PART III Religion, Politics, and Society
4. The Political and Sufic Wilayat
5. Sufi Traditions and Hindu-Muslim Interactions