Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Table of Contents
1. Teachers and the Legal System
I. The Legal Aspects of Teaching
2. Do I Have a Contract?
3. How Secure Is My Employment?
4. How Does Collective Bargaining Effect Me?
5 . When Am I Liable?
6. What Constitutes Slander and Libel?
7. How Should I Deal with Child Abuse and Neglect?
8. How Does Copyright Law Affect Me?
II. Teachers' and Students' Rights
9. When Can Schools Restrict Freedom of Expression?
10. When Can Schools Limit Religious Freedom?
11. When Can Schools Restrict Freedom of Association?
12. What Are My Rights Under Due Process?
13. How Free Is My Personal Life?
14. Are Teachers and Students Protected Against Racial Discrimination?
15. Are Teachers and Students Protected Against Sex Discrimination?
16. Are There Special Rights for Students with Disabilities?
17. Who Controls Student Records?
18. Must All Children Go to School?
19. When Can Schools Restrict Personal Appearance?
20. What Issues Will Face the Courts in the Next Decade?
Appendix A: Selected Provisions of the U.S. Constitution.
Appendix B: Major Civil Rights Laws Affecting Schools.
Appendix C: Other Legal Resources for Teachers.