Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Table of Contents
2. Craftsmen in the Shop: European Traditions and American Changes in the Eighteenth Century.
3. Women and Work Before the Factory.
4. Origins of Industrialization.
5. The Birth of the Factory.
6. Iron, Steam, and Rails.
7. Machines and Their Mass-Production.
8. Machines on the Farm and in the Forest, 1800-1950.
9. Americans Confront a Mechanical World, 1800-1900.
10. The Second Industrial Revolution.
11. Technology and the Modern Corporation.
12. Technology and the First Arms Race, 1800-1918.
13. The Impact of Technology on Women's Work.
14. The New Factory.
15. Innovation, The Great Depression, and the Automobile, 1918-1940.
16. Mechanizing Sight and Sound.
17. Technology and the Origins of Mass Culture.
18. Airplanes and Atoms in Peace and War.
19. The Postwar Advance of Technology.
20. Modern Americans in a Technological World.
Afterword: Into the Future? Government Policy and Technological Innovation: Lessons from the Past.