TECHNOLOGY STRATEGIES FOR THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY, 2/eexamines technology strategies for the hospitality industry using case studies, interviews, and an interactive web page. Exceptionally practical in approach, this edition includes a new chapter on technology in the casino industry and a new chapter on technology for meetings and events. A separate chapter is devoted to planning and investment as students learn what technology exists and how to use it succeed in the hospitality business.
1. If You Think You Don’t Need to Know About IT, Think Again!
2. Using Information Technology to Drive Competitive Advantage
3. Computing Essentials
4. Networks and Security
6. Restaurant Management Systems
7. Hotel and Resort Technology
8. Hotel Global Distribution Systems and Channels
10. Competing on Knowledge: How the Power of Information Can Enable Great Things
11. Technology in the Casino Industry
12. Technology for the Meetings and Events Industry
13. Strategic Hospitality Technology Investment
APPENDIX I: Sample Request for Proposal (RFP)